Are you an experienced back-end developer, proficient in
Do you want to put your talent to use and contribute to the energy transition by building
innovative battery energy storage systems?
- You will be responsible for the development of breakthrough software enabling our sustainable battery energy storage solutions.
- You will have the opportunity to design and develop our scalable cloud platform which allows to handle large data streams from our battery energy storage systems in the field and enable powerful analytics.
- You will develop the software running on our battery energy storage systems, optimizing the energy flows in the battery.
- You will work in close cooperation with the founding team (CTO, Data Chief, CEO) to radically improve our current software stack and create a scalable software architecture.
- You are actively encouraged to think with the team for improvements on our products and act as the expert on software development and architecture within the company.
What we are looking for:
- Senior experience in back-end development, with the ability to write top-quality code in python, C or C++ and java.
- The ability to create and implement a scalable back-end architecture to support our battery cloud analytics and IoT connectivity.
- Experience with IoT, edge computing, cloud connectivity and setting up data pipelines.
- Proficiency in designing and optimizing SQL (PostgreSQL & TimescaleDB) database architectures.
- Expertise on AWS, git, docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, ssh, bash, ... .
- Ability to work independently, have a clear sense of ownership and delivering with highest quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English.
With some (or all) of the following points, you have a clear plus:
- Experience in front-end development and web applications.
- Experience with industrial data protocols, such as modbus, canbus, rs485, ... .
- Experience with data analysis: creating dashboards, developing, validating and optimizing algorithms, data exploration, ... .
- Experience with embedded system design and programming.
What’s in it for you:
An incredibly interesting and varying job in a dynamic and fast-growing cleantech start-up. We offer the opportunity to create innovative products and have a real impact, create world-class innovations and become a driving force in the transition to a sustainable energy system.
We also offer:
- An attractive salary package.
- A nice office at an accessible central location in Mechelen
- Flexible working hours with hybrid working, ideally 2-3 days the office and 2-3 days to work flexibly.
- A supportive and collaborative team environment with huge learning and career development possibilities in a fast-growing start-up.
Why join Octave:
Octave was founded in April 2020 with the aim of accelerating the transition to a sustainable energy system by building smart energy storage systems from used e-mobility batteries. Since launching, we have developed unique technology and successfully demonstrated several prototypes. We are now commercializing our solution in Belgium with over 3MWh of battery capacity sold. Our project pipeline contains several large and exciting projects at the cutting edge of technology and energy.
How to apply:
Are you interested in the role as Senior Back-end Developer at Octave? Send your CV today to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out as soon as possible.